THE WAY TO UNEARTH THE INTERNAL POTENTIAL
Enterprise Development Diagnosis is an innovative tool developed through the integration of international research results. It helps organizations to unearth their internal potential and to keep their staff.
Enterprise Development Diagnosis is a fast and anonym tool which provides a well interpretable dataset which is a perfect base for benchmarking. The results show the current efficiency of the organization.
There is no 100% excellence but the secret for an enterprise is to always be better than the competitors in the industry. There is a high stake as the not so good enterprises will lose their key employees first then their competitiveness.
The 62+5 text-based query questioner is filled in by the enterprise’s employees in an anonym representative sample online. 4 different diagnosis reports generated from the final dataset:
- Diagnosis of Greatness; measures the efficiency of the management and the level of exploitation of the internal potential
- Keep Your Staff Diagnosis; shows the chance of retaining the enterprise’s employees
- Human Negative Self-interest Diagnosis; measures the level of “organizational self-deception” and the energy used for the handling of the internal conflicts; this energy is completely wasted and can not be used for the completion of the strategic goals
- Organizational Time Management Diagnosis
(International research used in the diagnosis: N.E.W.S.TM enterprise obstructions; Jim Collins Good to Great; Thomas intrinsic motivation, Arbinger self-deception)
Diagnosis of Greatness
Based on Jim Collins’ Good to Great model the Diagnosis of Greatness shows the ability to what extent an organization can work in a way as the great enterprises do. The international researches used the operational model of industrial companies with permanently over average performance. A sociometric approach is part of the Diagnosis which provides information on the level of cooperation between the organizational units.
The diagnosis studies the organization on three levels:
- Individual potential:
o How are the individual potentials used in the organization?
o How can the organization support the deploying of the individual potentials?
- Teamwork: o What is the efficiency level of teamwork?
o What is the advancement level of the team?
o Ability to work together; is there an established framework in the team?
- Organizational level:
o Organizational integrity; how is the organization harmonized in its operations?
Keep Your Staff Diagnosis
The engaged employees are motivated, more likely good performers and increasing the reputation of the enterprise which helps recruiting and retaining good quality workforce. The discontent employees can increase the number of resigning staff. Based on geographical and industrial benchmarking the Diagnosis gives a detailed picture on employees’ engagement and on the efficiency of the extrinsic motivators used by the enterprise.
Intrinsic motivators by Thomas:
- Committing to a meaningful purpose
- Choosing the best way of fulfilling that purpose
- Making sure that one is performing work activities competently
- Making sure that one is making progress to achieving the purpose
- Material type of extrinsic motivators: work environment; remuneration packages, communication and progress
- Non-material type of extrinsic motivators: inspiration coming from the management, from the team and from organizational culture
Human Negative Self-interest Diagnosis
The Diagnosis based on the research of the Arbinger Institute which approaches the question of organizational effectiveness from a new perspective. The philosophy shows how a barely known issue – the self-deception – can set back the reach of the outstanding performances in an organization. The employees’ behavior delivers results but individual behavior is shaped by the personal mindset. As behavior is determining the results the mindset is determining the behavior.
One of the common top-management dilemmas: How we could transform the lots of wasted energy used in internal conflicts to meet strategic goals?
Human Negative Self-interest Diagnosis helps enterprises by measuring the rate of the wasted energy.
Imagine what could happen with your organization if all people would invest in the success of the surrounding colleagues?
Organizational Time Management Diagnosis
One of the main enterprise issues of today is the surfeit and the lack of conscious time management. The Diagnosis analyzes the efficiency from a task and time management point of view on the level of individuals, teams and organization.
The Diagnosis measures the organizational time management efficiency from 4 directions:
- From goals
- From priorities
- From conditions
- From time consuming acts
Enterprise Development Diagnosis process
- definition of the organizational size; determination of the size of the representative sample
- determination of the number of separate organizational units to be handled in separate reports; this is the base for internal benchmarking
- set up of the original dataset on the participants, indication of position (top-management, middle-management, employee) and organizational unit on the top of the basic data
- top-management communication planning
- online fill in of the questionnaire by the participants after getting a secure invitation in their personal e-mail box
- in departments were the employees have no access to e-mail there is a possibility to perform the survey with the help of fully anonym, paper based questionnaires; the filled in papers will be digitalized
- the software generates the standard report format for the whole organization and for all separated unites
- custom tailored interpretation of the results; presentation for the top-management
- Design: 1 week
- Execution: 2-4 weeks
- Reporting: 2 weeks
The Enterprise Development Diagnosis is a fast efficient and cheap tool. The yearly repeated reporting give the possibility for the management to monitor the organizational tendencies on enterprise level and between separate units and gives a benchmarking possibility in the geographical area and in the industrial segment.
In case of ongoing organizational development projects it is recommended to execute partial diagnosis (like Diagnosis of Greatness) more frequently (3-6 months) which will show the effectiveness of the project implementation.
The Enterprise Development Diagnosis will not provide a complete picture on the organization. Some areas can require deeper analyzes. The studied areas are focusing on the typical issues. The answers in the questionnaire reflect subjective opinions. However in case of a real representative sample exact conclusions can be drawn as an objective base for enterprise development interventions.
The Improvers Group provides priority in protecting personality rights and anonymity through the whole diagnosis process. All data processed and results handed over to client in a way where individuals can not be identified or linked to their personal answers.
Phone: +36 20 923 54 05